Seniors are assisted in the areas of social services, professional health services, daily living experiences, educational, social issues that affect their well-being and opportunities for personal growth by facilitating the acquisition of new skills. The center coordinates opportunities for older people to become involved in the community while serving the interests of the participants and the needs of the community at the same time.
The Senior Program at the J. Frank Troy Senior Center hours of operation are from 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday.
1. Escort - accompany older persons to assist them with shopping, banking, legal and medical appointments and other errands.
2. Transportation - transports senior to the center and back home, allows seniors to receive services at the center.
3. Health Wellness/Education - provides seniors the opportunities to acquire knowledge and skills through formal classes and exercise sessions.
4. Health Assessment - provides basic diagnostic testing and health monitoring.
5. Chores - provides seniors assistance with chores in their home, seasonal maintenance and repairs. 6. Support Services - assist seniors in filling out forms and applications, provide assistance with obtaining services needed.
7. Dental Hygiene Day with Owens Community College.Thursdays 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Appointments required: Tiffany Paris 419-251-8930
Is funded in part by the Older Americans Act. It is intended for persons age 60 + to have one nutritionally balanced meal on weekdays. Some senior dining sites offer breakfast, evening, weekend meals and/or activities. Advance meal order reservations are required. Meals are on a donation basis. Donations are voluntary and confidential. Some dining sites are also located in senior apartments, churches, temples or community centers. Transportation is available to most dining sites. For more details about activities, dates, meals, times transportation, or reservations, please contact your local senior center.