Winter HEAP application
October 13, 2023
The colder months are fast approaching!
Don't struggle to pay those high heating bills, Ohio's Department of Development and Area Office on Aging of Northwestern Ohio, Inc. can help eligible Ohioans with home energy bills.
Applications for the HEAP program must be received by May 31, 2024.
The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) helps Ohioans with a gross annual income of $22,540 for a single-person household and $30,485 for a two-person household to pay their heating bills.
Applied directly to the customer’s utility or bulk fuel bill, the benefit can help manage heating costs. Ohioans can visit www.energyhelp.ohio.gov to apply online, download a copy of the application or find contact information for a local EnergyAssistance Provider (EAP). When applying, individuals need to have copies of the following documents:
• Most recent utility bills
• A list of all household members (including birth dates and Social Security numbers)
• Proof of income for the past 30 days for all household members(12 months for certain income types)
• Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal residency for all household members
• Proof of disability (if applicable) HEAP benefits are applied to an individual’s energy bill.
For more information about HEAP, contact the Area Office on Aging at (419) 382-0624. To be connected to your local Energy Assistance provider, call (800) 282-0880 (hearing impaired clients may dial 711 for assistance) or visit www.energyhelp.ohio.org