Virtual - Kinship Navigator Program- Wellness Initiative for Senior Education (WISE) Series - Session 6 of 6
October 27, 2022
9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Thursday, October 27, 2022, from 9:30am - 11:30am
Wellness Initiative for Senior Education (WISE) Series- Session 6 of 6
Virtual Teleconference - Video-Conference
Topic: Wellness Initiative for Senior Education (WISE) is an evidence-based 6 session workshop for adults age 55 and up. This virtual WISE Series Workshop is specifically for caregivers enrolled in the Kinship Navigator Program. Kinship caregivers are grandparents raising grandchildren and family caregivers raising children when biological parents are unable or unwilling to do so. Registered participants must successfully complete an onboarding process with our community partner and WISE workshop facilitator, Harbor Behavioral Health, prior to the start of the 6 WISE sessions.
WISE Sessions cover a wide range of topics such as:
- Learn about the aging process and how to make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Celebrate this exciting stage of life and all the benefits that come with it.
- Discuss risk factors and behaviors you should avoid to stay healthy.
- Examine how alcohol, prescription medications and over-the-counter medications affect seniors differently and how you can avoid problems.
- Learn how to use simple tools to help you feel more empowered about your health and the healthcare you receive
Presenter: Harbor Behavioral Health Care
Did you know that you can now attend our kinship educational programs via Free Video-Conference or by Telephone? You can access these programs by phone (audio only) or by computer, tablet or smartphone (live-stream video). To register please contact:
Kinship Navigator Programming Specialist, Amy Johnson, LSW, MSW, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (419) 490-2942.